Things To Consider When Planning A Kitchen Island
Kitchen Island provides the right space for food preparation, however many homeowners are confused about whether they will be able to incorporate a kitchen island in their kitchen design.
There are various options available. Size Matters – A huge and well-spaced kitchen is convenient is ideal for placing a kitchen island. A kitchen island can play the role of cabinetry, counter space, appliance station, workstation or seating space or all of the above. Its very essential to choose the right kitchen island according to your type of kitchen. In fact, choosing the wrong kitchen island is like stranding yourself on a real island with no food and water.
(1) Size Matters – A huge and well-spaced kitchen is convenient is ideal for placing a kitchen island. A kitchen island can play the role of cabinetry, counter space, appliance station, workstation or seating space or all of the above. Its very essential to choose the right kitchen island according to your type of kitchen. In fact, choosing the wrong kitchen island is like stranding yourself on a real island with no food and water.
(2) Shape Matters Too – Besides choosing the size, you should also work on choosing the right shape as well. The Kitchen’s shape plays a major role in determining the shape of the kitchen island. G-shaped, L-shaped, U-shaped, galley kitchens are the type of kitchens that do not have a kitchen island in the middle. A more open-plan kitchen benefit hugely from the addition of a kitchen island.
(3) Various Types of Kitchen Island you can go for – Bigger kitchens generally can have the solid form of cabinetry in an island. You can experiment and style your kitchen with a cabinet based island. Dark cabinetry can be used if your kitchen has plenty of floor space. For smaller kitchens, we should go for islands with open space under the counter. Open shelving is an island lightens and gives a balanced look to the Kitchen island. Pedestal based or counter-only island are some other types of kitchen island you can opt for if you have tight fitted kitchen areas.
(4) One or Two – There are clients who entertain bigger spaces when it comes to a cooking area – two islands are a perfect fit for them. It helps to increase the Kitchen’s functionality and keeps the kitchen clutter-free.
(5) Match the Kitchen island according to your style – While choosing a kitchen island, try to match it with your home’s architectural style. Focus on the materials that you can use for the cabinetry and counters. If you believe in maintaining a minimalist style, match your kitchen island accordingly.
(6) Determine the Purpose of your kitchen island – If you like cooking elaborate meals, then a kitchen island with a stovetop is the best for you. If you bake, then an island with a large surface is what you need. If you like to cut fresh fruits and vegetables, then you can opt for a kitchen island with a sink. If you want to just use the island as a dining or entertaining area, then you can go for islands that give proper space to keep the food and has a comfortable seating area.
(7) The Seating area – If you want your guests to sit and talk to you while cooking. You can keep a space for stools. If you prefer to cook alone but occasionally want to sit to take some rest in between, an island that allows you to tuck stools out is perfect for you.
If you are planning for a new kitchen island, you can take the help of the best kitchen expert, Tiara. Tiara has been building world-class kitchen products dedicatedly and successfully for nearly a decade now. Our team of experts can help you choose and design the best kitchen island for your kitchen.